Vancouver Rotary News
The 19th Annual Vancouver Rotary Festival of Trees will kick off the holiday season on Thanksgiving Weekend with community events, entertainment and viewing of holiday trees at the Vancouver Hilton and Esther Short Park. The lavishly decorated trees will be featured at the November 28-30 Festival culminating with a raffle of the trees with gifts and cash and a Seahawks extravaganza package on Sunday, November 30. Raffle tickets are $5 each and available at the Festival.
- NOV. 28- NOV. 30 – TREE VIEWING PLUS SANTA, ENTERTAINMENT, FAMILY SCAVENGER HUNT AND TREE RAFFLE – Friday, November 28, 10 a.m. to 9 pm; Saturday, November 29, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday, November 30, Noon to 4 p.m. – Vancouver Hilton, 301 W 6th St in downtown Vancouver, WA.. Free with suggested donation of $5 per family. Non-perishable food donations requested. Raffle tickets for the Festival trees will be available. Coupons for a free Burgerville milkshake will be available for the first 100 entrants each day.
- NOV 28 – COMMUNITY TREE LIGHTING AND TREE VIEWING – Esther Short Park and Vancouver Hilton
- 4 p.m. – Vancouver Community Band Concert – Hilton. Free, donations requested
- 5:30 p.m. – Community Tree Lighting with Music and Santa –Esther Short Park, free. Radio Disney will be available beforehand. Food vendors will be present.
- 6:20 p.m. – Vancouver Pops Concert – Vancouver Hilton, free, donations requested
- NOV. 29 – PETS WITH SANTA – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Free. Bring your own camera.
- NOV. 29- NOV 30 – VANCOUVER FARMERS MARKET HOLIDAY MARKET- in Hilton Hotel Convention Center, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free.
- NOV. 29 – HELLO VANCOUVER HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR – Starting at 6:30 p.m. All ages, featuring: Groove Nation dancers, celebrity gift wrapping challenge, holiday song kazoo-along, an exclusive interview with Santa and viewing of the Festival trees. Free.
- NOV. 30- RAFFLE DRAWING for 12 Festival Tree Packages plus a Seahawks Extravaganza Package – 4 p.m. (You do not have to be present to win.
The Festival of Trees is the chief fund raiser for the Vancouver Rotary Foundation, which supports scholarships and community projects. Major sponsors for the Festival include Vesta Hospitality, Davidson Insurance, Waste Connections, City of Vancouver, Riverview Community Bank, IBEW LU 48, Shamrock 51 Productions, New Phoenix & Last Frontier Casinos, Cost Less Auto Parts, Fidelity National Title and The Columbian. For more information, visit www.rotaryfestivaloftrees.org or call 360-750-0409.
Vic DeAntonis Elson Strahan, President and CEO, Fort Vancouver National Trust, was installed on June 18 as the 2014-2015 President of the Rotary Club of Vancouver at the club’s 93rd annual banquet at the Red Lion at the Quay. Other … Continue reading
The Vancouver Rotary Foundation awarded $79,000 in college scholarships to 21 southwest Washington high school and college students at the Club’s annual scholarship luncheon at the Red Lion Hotel at the Quay on Wednesday, May 21st. In 41 years, the … Continue reading
Want to help local students get a college education? Ride the Saturday, May 3 RACC (Ride Around Clark County is sponsored by the Vancouver Bike Club)! Members of the Rotary Club of Vancouver are “riding the RACC” raising money for scholarships for … Continue reading
The Vancouver Rotary Foundation has awarded $48,000 in community grants to support the local work of non-profit organizations. The Vancouver Rotary Foundation is the charitable arm of the Rotary Club of Vancouver. The grants will be distributed at the annual Rotary … Continue reading
Susanne Cox, Administrator, Columbia Land Trust, was installed on June 5 as the 2013-2014 President of the Rotary Club of Vancouver at the club’s 92nd annual banquet at the Red Lion at the Quay. Other officers are Elson Strahan, President-Elect: … Continue reading
The Vancouver Rotary Foundation awarded $78,000 in college scholarships to 23 Southwest Washington high school and college students at the Club’s annual scholarship luncheon at the Red Lion Hotel at the Quay on Wednesday, May 8. In 40 years, the … Continue reading
Our club members will be raising scholarship funds at the 30th Annual Ride Around Clark County on Saturday, May 4. You’re invited to participate by riding (18, 34, 65 or 100 mile loops) or pledging. ALL riders and pledgers will … Continue reading
Restaurant Owners Chuck and Sandy Chronis Receive 2012 Vocational Service Award from Rotary Club of Vancouver
Restaurant owners and community supporters Chuck and Sandy Chronis received the Vocational Service Award of the Rotary Club of Vancouver today at a noon luncheon at the Red Lion Hotel at the Quay. The Vocational Service Award recognizes an individual … Continue reading
The Rotary Clubs of Clark County of Clark County presented proceeds from the annual Rotarians Fore A Cause golf tournament, which was held at Orchards Hills Country Club, to the Children’s Home Society of Washington on October 10. A $9,038 … Continue reading
Next Page »« Vancouver Rotary Foundation Awards $52,651 in Community Grants • Next Page »Restaurant Owners Chuck and Sandy Chronis Receive 2012 Vocational Service Award from Rotary Club of Vancouver »